Welcome to our home page for our upcoming events. Below you will find our upcoming educational workshops, symposiums and our fundraising events. If you have any questions or need assistance registering for an event please feel free to contact our office at 530-232-5543.
Healthy Brain Awareness Campaign March-April 2021- Join Us for Events
Healthy Brain Campaign Plan
March – April 2021
The “Brain Awareness Campaign” is a worldwide celebration of the brain that brings together scientists, families, schools, and communities. March 12 through 18 is Brain Awareness Week (BAW), sponsored by The Dana Foundation. The purpose of BAW is to increase awareness of the many benefits of brain research.
The thought behind this campaign is to take the time to increase our awareness of the progress and benefits of brain research, along with things we can do for our brain health. Brain Awareness Week serves as a launching point for year-round Brain Awareness activities. Brain Awareness Week was created to educate the public about the progress into brain research along with prevention, diagnosis and treatment of brain disorders like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases. The brain is complex and plays a significant role in the overall health and well-being of a person. Knowledge about the brain will help foster the prevention, accurate diagnosis, and treatment of many conditions and keep people healthy.
Get informed about brain health and aging well! Hear from leading medical professionals and health care experts:
1. Dr. David Johnson, Associate Professor in Neurology-UC Davis Alzheimer’s Center-East Bay and Principal Investigator, Dementia & Diabetes Prevention Project.
• Discussing: Lifestyle interventions, diet, exercise and mental stimulation. An overview of various factors to aging well and preventing cognitive decline.
2. Dr.Ruth O’Hara, Senior Associate Dean of Research, Stanford University School of Medicine, Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, and Director, Sierra-Pacific MIRECC Translational Core
• Discussing: Sleep, aging and Dementia & Alzheimer’s
3. Donna Ross, Licensed Physical Therapist, Medical Home Care Professionals
• Discussing: Benefits of Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapies for Brain Health. Exercise demonstration.
4. Dr. Eric Egli, PHD Psychologist, Parkinson Association Board Member
• Discussing: Coping, mental health and interpersonal relationship dynamics lending to health and wellness.
Panel of Experts Question & Answer Session includes the following medical and healthcare professionals:
• Courtney Dean of Willow Springs Alzheimer’s Special Care Facility
• Becky Robinson of the Alzheimer’s Association of Northern California & Nevada
• Joanne H. McCarley of ShiningCare, Certified Care Manager, BSW
Lunch is being provided by Dill’s Deli and there is a $10 cost. All lunches will be individually boxed and will be served with a bottle of water. Listed below are the lunch choices:
TBA – Turkey, bacon, avocado with mayo, mustard, lettuce and tomato on sliced sourdough.
Caesar Salad – Romaine, parmesan, and house made croutons.
Cranberry Walnut Salad – Romaine, dried cranberry, bleu cheese crumbles and candied walnuts with a honey balsamic dressing.
The Dave Tappan – Hot Pastrami, Swiss cheese, red onions and mustard on sourdough bread.
Attendees are welcome to bring their own lunch or snacks, we just need everyone to clean their area up afterwards.