Purple City Alliance of Redding
CLICK TO JOIN NOW
The Purple City Alliance of Redding is a group of individuals, businesses, organizations and eldercare providers who care about the overall safety, health and wellness of elders, disabled adults, as well as their caregivers.
United in purpose we strive to make a positive impact for a thriving community.
Within the course of everyday life and business, Alliance members act as Gatekeepers who are committed to being:
- honoring and caring to our community’s elders, disabled adults and their family caregivers
- aware and watchful for signs of risk to safety and well-being, including abuse, neglect or fraud
- kind and helpful to those with signs of dementia and/or risk, connecting them to needed support and assistance
There is no cost and the brief training is simple to equip you to make a positive impact!
Benefits of Purple City Alliance
Purple City Alliance of Redding will benefit our community in the following ways:
- Showcases the heart of our culture as a friendly, welcoming, caring and civic minded community.
- Highlights how we are a safe city and counters the negative image related to crime statistics and negative rumors.
- Helps businesses gain and retain customers, with good PR and their customers feeling welcomed as they continue as regular patrons.
- Assists employees, as the training not only is useful for customers, but also personally with their own loved ones.
ShiningCare, in partnership with other alliance professionals, will provide no cost dementia education and training resources to enable community members, businesses and organizations to become more dementia friendly and equipped to help those at-risk. The Purple City Alliance will work together to empower community members to be Gatekeepers, helping at-risk elders, disabled adults and those who are dealing with the stigma and challenges caused by dementia and other conditions.
Return to top
How to Become a Member of Purple City Alliance
To become a member:
- Download the application below: Choose to either fill it out on line using the “electronic” application or choose the “printable” application and mail it to us.
- Fill out the Purple City Alliance of Redding application.
- Schedule your Gatekeeper
- Email or mail your application:
- Email-Use electronic form-Once filled out, download the completed form and attach to your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: ShiningCare, 1551 E. Cypress Ave Suite B, Redding CA 96002
- Schedule your Gatekeeper Training with ShiningCare
- Call to schedule: 530-232-5543
- Email Colleen: email@example.com
- After the above is completed will add you to the Purple City Alliance of Redding page on ShiningCare’s website
- We will deliver you PCA certificate and window decal
Click Here for Electronic Application
Click Here for Printable Application
Return to top