HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE, BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Join us in reaching out to help our isolated elders during the COVID19 self isolation.
Volunteer from home by making check-in phone calls. Your friendly call will make all the difference, letting them know they are thought of and making sure they’re doing okay. If they need anything, our professional team will handle the coordination of supplies and services needed.
We also have the following opportunities (please keep in mind all volunteer opportunities that offer home visits will be on hold until further notice):
- Tele Visitors: Provide 15 minute or less check-in phone calls to elderly and disabled adults to provide encouragement, Word of the Day and prayer. Gatekeeper and basic crisis intervention training. Referred to by Gatekeeper and Aging Life Care programs to provide spiritual and emotional support as part of the clients overall Circle of Support.
- Home Visitors: Provide brief in person visits to home bound or isolated elders and disabled adults. Provide safety check, encouragement, Bible Devotional reading and prayer. Gatekeeper, basic crisis intervention, and some social service home visitor training. Referred to by Gatekeeper and Aging Life Care programs to provide spiritual and emotional support as part of the clients overall Circle of Support.
- Music & Memory Volunteer: Helping individuals with a wide range of cognitive and physical conditions to engage with the world, ease pain, and reclaim their humanity through the use of personalized music.
- Administrative support: Receptionist, Volunteer Coordinator, Web Design, Newsletter and more
- Assist with agency fundraisers